Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Butter Scotch Syrup


After my one week long tryst with scorching heat of Delhi, I felt heavens on arriving back to the comfort of Himalayan clouds. Weather back home was quite pleasant with rains during every afternoon. Occasional snow fall on the high peaks is keeping snow closer to us even during Mid May. The very first Sunday I picked my camera and headed straight for Auli to get a glimpse of artwork created by the nature in the form of shining white snow and clouds hanging lingeringly on stout dark peaks.This view instantly made me crave for scoops of ice cream topped with butter scotch sauce and some chocolate shavings :) (Heavens) 


.....and it gave me the clue to make my own Butter scotch sauce and to write my very first post which is about how to make Butter Scotch Sauce at Home…




Basic Information

Time: Under 1hr



 Ingredients


· Butter - 4 tablespoons (I used Amul Butter)
· Brown sugar - 1 cup

· Cream - 3/4 cup
· Vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
· Salt - 1 teaspoon (in case of unsalted butter)

Method:


1. Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan over low to medium heat. Just before butter is melted, add all brown sugar at once and stir until sugar is uniformly wet.

2. Stir until mixture goes from looking grainy to molten lava. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes.

3. When the sugar starts caramelizing it will begin to look and feel more like liquid and less like thick wet sand.

4. At this point add all the cream and stir it. Lower the heat a little and stir cream into mixture. Don’t bother about solidification of the mixture just stir continuously. When liquid is uniform, turn heat back to medium and stir every few minutes.

5. After liquid has been boiling on the stove for 5-8 minutes (avoid burning) turn the heat off.

6. Cool to room temperature and transfer it to a sterilized jar.





Here’s your very own butterscotch. It can be stored for one month when refrigerated. It makes a fantastic topping for ice cream etc :)

2 comments:

  1. Heyyyyyyyy

    This is such an AWESOME effort. Here's to many many more such endearing posts. That butterscotch is inviting....send some my way please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here comes my fav. blogger:)....thnx for ur support n encouragement DK....n thnx for the very first comment of my blog:D....love ya:)

      Delete