Friday, September 28, 2012

Chocolate Chips n Raisin cookies

Chocolate chips n raisin cookies

Life’s full of ups n downs. Some days are happy n some days are sad but all these days I’ve realised that we shouldn’t miss any opportunity to enjoy, to live and to rejoice. 

I’ve been longing to bake cookies ever since I embarked on the journey of baking. as for now I’m bit comfortable in baking cakes after few trials and errors. So last week I thought to bake cookies for the first time. Its very difficult to figure out the perfect recipe and since m baking for the very first time I was bit sceptical about it. And really its very difficult for me to say when cookies were done. But then I found an almost perfect recipe. I’ve minimally adapted this recipe from “The purple foodie”. The recipe goes like this

Yield: 18-20 cookies

Ingredients:

 All purpose flour - 1 cup
 Powdered sugar – 1/3 cup
 Demerara sugar- ¼ cup
 Vegetable oil - 85 gms
 Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
 Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
 Egg – 1 large
 Salt – ½ tsp
 Chocolate chips – ½ cup
 Raisin- 1 handful

Method

1. Sieve the dry ingredients flour, salt and baking soda together.

2. In another bowl beat the vegetable oil with both the sugars until well blended

3. Add vanilla and egg n blend well.

4. Now start adding in the flour spoon by spoon, until the mixture’s smooth.

5. Add the chocolate chips and raisins.

6. Line a baking tray with butter paper and with the help of a spoon put the mixture on it.

7. Bake them in a preheated oven at 190°C for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies get brown and leave the edges.

8. Cookies will harden a bit once cooled and bit chewy at center.

 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment