Thursday, January 17, 2013

" Lemon and nuts cookies "


Now a days I’m bitten by cookie bug. I love to bake cookies. Last time I baked Brazilion cookies which has banana but this time I want to bake something with lemon. Lemon has a wonderful fragrance and I wanted to include them in my cookies. Nuts and lemon, what a combination! I love to put nuts in cookies and cakes. I deliberately stop myself putting them into cakes, but for cookies I can’t help it. These cookies not only include lemon zest but juice also which gives a little tanginess in the end. And to make this a bit healthy I made them with brown sugar. I’m yet to experiment with whole wheat. But my friend Nitya of mygastronomicworld.blogspot.in has tried it and told me that it tastes good. 
Ok back to lemon and nuts cookies. They were good and enjoyed by everyone. I’m one happy baker :) so here’s the recipe



Yield: 12 – 14

Ingredients :

All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Zest of 1 lemon

Walnuts - 1handful
Brown sugar – ¾ cup
Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 2/3 tbsp
Cashew halves for decoration.

Method :


1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees C and grease your baking tray or line it with butter paper

2. Sift all dry ingredients together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

3. Whisk vegetable oil and sugar until well blended in another bowl.

4. Now add lemon zest, egg, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.

5. It’s time to add the dry ingredient spoon by spoon and fold it gently. Add in walnuts.

6. Now with the help of a spoon, place it on the baking tray 
and decorate them with cashew halves. Now bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are little brown at edges. 

Cool them and enjoy it with evening tea or a tall glass full of milk.





 


Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment