Friday, February 15, 2013

" Green peas curry (nimona) "



I know I’m not that regular in blogging and the reason behind it is I’m one big fat lazy chicken :). Few days back, I was craving for this curry called Nimona in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, which my mom used to make. Green peas are the key ingredients of this curry. Green peas come around winters and we (my dad & me ) love this curry so much that this curry was almost every day in our lunch ok if not every day then alternate days. So I called my mom and asked the recipe. She explained everything beautifully. This recipe requires bare minimum ingredients and it can also be made very spicy at times. It all depends on the heat of chillies one can handle. Me and my husband like it very spicy and that day our lunch was real bliss. So here comes the recipe. 


Ingredients:


Green peas – 200 gms

Onion – 1 big thinly sliced

Garlic cloves – 8 to 10

Potato – 2 big diced

Ginger – 1 inch long

Bay leaves – 2

Cumin seeds – ½ tsp

Green chillies – 6 to 8

Oil – 4 to 5 tbsp

Turmeric powder

Salt as per taste

Method:


1. Finely grind green peas, 5-6 garlic cloves, 5-6 green chillies and ginger in a processor. 


2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, then add cumin seeds and bay leaves. Then put the minced garlic cloves( remaining) after that add green chillies (remaining). Sauté them for a minute or two. Add in sliced onion and fry them till golden brown . Add turmeric powder(one can make this in pan just that potato will take more time to cook) 

3. Add the potato and fry them a bit. 

4. Now its time to put green peas paste and fry it for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat. 

5. Add water as per requirement,

5. Now close the lid of cooker and cook on a medium heat and wait for 4-5 whistle.

This easy curry’s ready to serve with hot steaming rice.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment