Friday, February 01, 2013

" Whole wheat, oats and chocolate chips cookies "



Now a days I’m looking for all healthy recipes, but you know who hampers my spirits of eating healthy. Wait a minute I’m not going to pull his legs again :). Also want to tell that this recipe might not work for those who like the smooth texture of all purpose flour because it is a bit flaky and coarse. This thing comprise of whole wheat flour, oats and powdered brown sugar. I got a big packet of powdered brown sugar which is organic too. I’ve minimally adapted my recipe from this beautiful blog of Deeba Rajpal of Passionateaboutbaking. She has an amazing collection of recipes as well as photographs. Now a days we are getting into the habit of eating local, natural and avoiding junk food (pssst ! I ate pizza in Dehradun this time ). Fine! I guess I can cheat at least once in a month, ok may be in 15 days. I’m a big foodie and I can’t resist good food especially when it comes to Biryaani :P. Yes, I ate Biryaani too ;) (ok I can’t blame him every time, some time I do love to eat all junk and oily, spicy food). All right enough kidding. Back to healthy cooking ….oops baking! 



Yield: 10 – 12

Ingredients:

Whole wheat flour – ¼ cup + 1 tbsp 

Vegetable oil – ¼ cup

Oats – 3/4 cup

Brown Sugar – 1/3 cup (can add a bit more if one has a sugar tooth)

Egg – 1

Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp

Baking soda – ¼ tsp

Baking Powder – 1/8 tsp

Salt – 1 pinch

Chopped walnuts – ¼ cup

Chocolate chips – ¼ cup

You can add cinnamon powder too.



Method:


1. Pre -heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius. Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt together and set aside.

2. In a bowl beat the vegetable oil with sugar till fluffy.

3. Add in vanilla essence and Egg and beat till well incorporated.

4. Now gently fold the dry ingredients into this mixture and add chocolate chips and walnuts (one can add raisins too).

5. With the help of a spoon put this mixture on greased baking tray or you can also use butter paper (saves some time in cleaning).

6. Now bake this at 180 degree Celsius for 12-15 minutes till golden brown.




Allow it to cool completely. These baked goodies are ready to devour :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment