Wednesday, May 15, 2013

" Vegan chocolate fudge cake "


Life of a food blogger is not easy. Being regular in posting is tough. Yes, I know I’m not regular (as I got absorbed in daily engagements and a prolonged trip to visit my mom and in-laws) and this time I’m posting after almost 3 months. But at least I can try. This time I brought-in a new cake which is vegan chocolate fudge cake. No no, I’ve not turned into vegan but this cake was so tempting that I couldn’t resist to make one. It was really moist and chocolaty but definitely different from the one which contains eggs and butter (that’s more yummm). Once again I used the recipe of chef in you and everyone appreciated it too. But I’m not that happy with my chocolate powder. I used Harshey’s and felt that its taste was not upto my expectation. Next time I’ll try the Cadbury’s I hope it would taste better.


 Ingredients


 All purpose flour - 1-1/2 cups

 Powdered sugar – 1 cup

 Baking soda - 1 tsp

 Salt - 1/2 tsp

 Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp

 Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup

 White vinegar - 1 tbsp

 Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

 Water - 1 cup 


Method


1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.

2. Sift all the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.

3. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients and stir them well

4. Add the dry ingredients to wet and fold them gently well. Make sure you add dry one slowly; two table      
    spoon at a time to avoid any lumps. 

5. Grease a baking tin. Mine is of 8” dia.

6. Pour the mixture into the tin and tap it gently on the counter to settle down.

7. Bake this for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Cool the cake and decorate it with your choice of toppings or just dust some icing sugar and enjoy it with your evening tea.



Enjoy !


No comments:

Post a Comment