Friday, July 12, 2013

" Blog's first b'day & Chocolate Cupcakes "



My blog turned 1 today :). It is an awesome feeling. There were several ups and downs, sometimes food was burnt and inedible and sometimes it was simply Yumm! But then I enjoyed this journey along with my wonderful husband without whom my life’s incomplete. On the first anniversary of my blog, I feel that I am growing with this blog everyday. My culinary, photography and Photoshop skills have improved and my friend list has also grown :). I made chocolate cupcakes for this special occasion and it came out the way I wanted. Just perfect! That Strawberry is from my organic terrace garden. This recipe is from joy of baking website.


Ingredients


Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup (50 grams)

Boiling hot water - 1 cup (240 ml)

All purpose flour - 1 1/3 cups (175 grams)

Baking powder - 2 tsp

Salt - 1/4 tsp

Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup (113 grams)

Granulated sugar - 1 cup (200 grams)

Large eggs - 2

Vanilla extract - 2 tsp


Method


1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.

2. In a glass stir the cocoa powder and boiling hot water until a smooth paste is made. Let it cool to room temperature.

3. Sift the flour baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.

4. In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

5. Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat them until smooth. Further, add vanilla extract.

6. Now add in the dry ingredients and beat only until well incorporated.

7. Final step is to fold in gently the cooled cocoa mixture and fill each muffin cup about two-third with batter.

8. Bake for about 16 -20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Decorate it with your favorite frosting.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment