Saturday, August 24, 2013

" Naankhatai "



I still cherish certain favourite goodies from my childhood days. Naan khatai is one of them. During my summer vacations my Grandmother (Nani Ji) used to buy them for me from local bakers. I religiously enjoyed them every evening while chit chatting with her. I relished every bit of it and I still remember those carefree days. 
 
                               
     
Though this dish cannot be made exactly the same but I tried to recreate them with the help of my mom. Here is the recipe as I tried, and there is one more variant which I would love to try sometime in near future.

Ingredients


Maida – 1 cup

Clarified butter (ghee) – ½ cup

Powdered sugar – ½ cup

Baking Soda – ½ tsp

Method


1. Melt the butter, let it cool

2. Mix sugar in it until well incorporated

3. Add flour and Soda and mix them well

4. Make a dough and make small discs

5. Now in a greased baking tray, bake them for 15-20 minutes at 120 degree Celsius or until they turn into light brown colour



6. Cool them and enjoy!

1 comment: