Thursday, February 27, 2014

" Banana-almonds Bread "



Few bananas were over ripening in my fridge and no one at home was willing to eat them. But I knew if I will make something out of these they will be wiped out in few minutes. So again I searched for a perfect recipe. But every recipe required walnuts and I didn’t have walnuts in my pantry. But then this bread looks so yum that I couldn’t resist myself. So what if I don’t have walnuts? I’ve almonds. I’ve replaced walnuts with almonds and baked this beautiful crunchy and aromatic bead. It was moist and supper yummy with banana flavour. Though I’m not a big banana fan but can assure you that you will definitely be going to make this bread again.


Ingredients


All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup

Ripe Banana – 4 (pureed)

Butter – 5 tbsp

Powdered sugar – ½ cup

Baking powder – 2 tsp

Chopped Walnuts or almonds – ½ cup

Salt – 1 pinch


Method


1. Pre heat oven at 175 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and keep aside.

2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. In a separate bowl beat sugar and butter till fluffy and light.

3. Now add pureed bananas and walnuts. Mix them well.

4. Now fold dry ingredients in this. Pour this into greased pan and bake it at 175 degrees for around 35 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.

You can certainly enjoy this bread when it is still warm. But its taste improves a lot after 2 days. Cut into pieces and store them in an air tight box. Remember these should be consumed within 4 days because it contains banana.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment