Saturday, February 01, 2014

" Strawberry cookies "



Till now you all have known that how much I adore strawberries. Here in Bijapur, we have weekly vegetable market at few steps away from our house. So this Sunday when I was exploring market, I brought a small box of strawberries too. This box was lying with me since then and it bugged me daily that I’ve to consume it ASAP. I can’t eat it raw as they were not so sweet, so I knew I’ve to make some syrup kind of thing from these. At the same time I wanted to enjoy the flavour. I searched on internet for every kind of recipe but didn’t get desired results. So I thought, Let’s experiment! I made puree of berries and used baking soda. I didn’t find baking powder in my kitchen so used baking soda and here are the results which made me happy.



Ingredients


Strawberry – 150 - 180 gms approx. (make puree)

All purpose flour – 1 cup or 126 gms

Butter – 6 tbsp or 78 gms

Powdered sugar – ½ cup or 77 gms

Salt- 1 pinch

Vanilla essence – 1tsp

Baking soda – ½ tsp

Method


For syrup


1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the puree. Add 2 tbsp sugar and simmer it for 3-4 minutes, stir it well. With the help of spatula, pour the syrup on back of a spoon. If the syrup coats the spoon, it’s ready. Turn off the heat and keep aside.

For cookies


1. Pre heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.

2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda.




3. In a big bowl cream the butter. Add in powdered sugar and mix them well. Now add vanilla essence and half of strawberry puree.




4. Fold the flour into it gently. Now with the help of a spoon place this on lined baking tray and bake them for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. 


Decorate them with strawberry syrup and serve.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment