Friday, June 07, 2013

" Coconut and Brown sugar cookies "

Just before going into oven


Warning: these cookies are extremely messy and very hard to roll.

I made them yesterday and wasn't happy with the initial shape of them. Some desiccated 
coconut was left with me from Coconut laddoo. So this stupid and crazy idea came to my 
mind, why not make some cookies with these. As till now you guys must have understood that I love baking cookies more than anything. So I've searched the entire recipe over internet but wasn't finding proper recipe. So I mix everything and derived one for me which was a real mess. But the end product is loved by family. Next time I’m going to make some modifications in this. For now here is the recipe.

Ingredients


All purpose flour – 1 ¼ cup

Butter – ½ cup (but I feel I should have put only ¼ cup as coconut itself have lots of oil in it)

Brown sugar – 1 cup (one can replace this by 1:1 brown and white sugar)

Egg - 1 big

Vanilla essence– 1 tsp (but I don’t think this required as coconut flavor prevail)

Desiccated coconut – 1 cup

Salt – ¼ tsp

Baking soda – ½ tsp

Nuts (raisins, crushed almonds and crushed walnuts) – 1 handful (optional)


Method


1. Pre-heat oven at 180 degree Celsius.

2. Sieve flour, salt and baking soda and keep it aside.

3. Beat butter in a bowl and add brown sugar.

4. Once they are properly incorporated, beat in vanilla and egg.

4. Now add the dry ingredients and fold well. Mix nuts and get ready for dirty hands :).

5. Make small balls and flatten it like disc. Bake them around 15-18 minutes

Ta da !!! They are ready to devour :).

Bit messy but tasty !




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment